Mortise Rail MR4
The MR4 takes mortising on the WoodRat to new levels of speed, accuracy and versatility.
A precision engineered, aluminium trough holds multiple pieces, solid and square - ready to be cut in any way you wish. Accurate, repeatable mortices are now a easier than ever. And (being WoodRat) there's more. . .
- Heavy duty aluminium extrusion
- Generous 90mm trough holds several pieces
- Fits in seconds using the holes for the fences
- Holds long and heavy pieces
- Can be mounted upside down to support a table for routing boards flat
- There are stops to control your cuts - their length, width and position
- Pieces can be morticed, grooved, drilled and even tenoned.
- Work can be tracked the entire 900mm of the WoodRat's length!
- The complex job of cutting multiple, matching mortises in several pieces is now made easy
By cutting from both sides you can now produce mortises up to 5" deep. Add a simple shop made table and you can easily cut 5" tenons to match. Ideal for making room height panelled doors or a five bar gate.
Note: The Mortise Rail is available in 870mm and 600mm lengths. The Longer for the WR900 and the shorter one is for the discontinued WR600.